The Williams High School Academy of Finance (AOF) is:
- A smaller learning community at Williams High School partnered with the National Academy Foundation (NAF).
- Both NAF and the Williams High School AOF have a wonderful record of preparing students for not only for careers in business, marketing and entrepreneurship, but also preparing all, students regardless of their career interest, for post-secondary educational opportunities.
- The AOF began in 2004 along with three other academies throughout the Alamance-Burlington School System. Currently, the Williams AOF is the only academy left in the school system and 100% of its graduates have gone on to some type of post-secondary education.
Our program focuses on Rigor, Relevance and Relationships. We use rigorous curriculum provided from NAF which is updated constantly to stay up to date with current events and trends. Through a strong Advisory Board of local business professionals we keep our program relevant to what is going on in our own community.
And one of the biggest advantages of our program is the fact we not only build relationships with students, but we help students build positive relationships with each other through a variety of activities including
- Field trips to New York City and to various North Carolina Colleges throughout the school year
- Career Technical Student Organization events including DECA and FBLA competitive events and leadership development conferences
The National Academy Foundation (NAF) is a leader in the movement to prepare young people for college and career success. For over 30 years, NAF has refined a proven educational model which includes industry-focused curricula, work-based learning experiences, and business partner expertise from five themes: Finance, Hospitality & Tourism, Information Technology, Engineering, and Health Sciences. Employees of more than 2,500 companies volunteer in classrooms, act as mentors, engage NAF students in paid internships and serve on local advisory boards.